Thursday, July 31, 2008

Piece Of Mind Tip

Crystal over at Money Saving Mom did a post about less cost phone lines, long distance, cell phones and the like. There was some good discussion, however, I wanted to add one other idea.

We got rid of our land line. Not only did this cut our budget quite a bit but we move a lot and our number was constantly changing. I hated having to re-distribute our phone number to all those people every time we changed duty stations. We have Verizon mobile phones and now we can just keep our numbers wherever we go. We like Verizon because of the large calling area it offers.

The only problem with this is that our kids couldn't always reach us easily if they were at a friends house or music lessons or wherever because our numbers are long distance.
There was no way I wanted to add yet another cell phone to our already costly bill, plus giving your teen a cell phone opens up a lot more money issues. We are trying to be frugal ourselves and I want that idea to spill over to my children so they don't have to learn the hard way - like their parents. We solved this issue with $2 a month.
Kall8.com has a terrific deal for adding a toll free number to your phone. We have an 866 number that rings to my cell phone and my kids can call it from anywhere, anytime and get a hold of me. Best of all, it only costs $2 a month to have the number. There is a $.06 charge (or close to it) per minute, too, but we have never exceeded $5 per month with this service.
Not bad for a little piece of mind!

With Kall8 there are no contracts. You can cancel at any time. You can also log into your account online and easily change your features, the phone your number rings to, and utilize the fax program. I have had Kall8 for 2 years now and we love it.

0 comments: