Friday, October 17, 2008

CVS, Walmart, & Publix this week of 10/12/08

I went shopping yesterday but skipped Walgreens. I may hit it today or tomorrow if I happen to be going past but my closest store is about 10 miles away and there wasn't anything spectacular this week - except the Dimetapp deal.
Anyway, this week we went to CVS, Walmart, and Publix.

At Publix I got 14 boxes of cereal for around $1.05 a box. It was a good week to stock up on cereal and I wasn't going to let the opportunity pass. Publix, through Tuesday (Monday in some places, I think) is having a great cereal deal on Mini Wheats and other select Kelloggs cereals. I have already written about this but wanted to remind everybody that this is a very good stock up week because the coupons rock!

Frosted Mini Wheats $1 off 1 coupons can be printed here and here. I ended up being able to print 10 coupons total. Don't be fooled by the picture either. These coupons are good on 3 different varieties so make sure you read the wording.

There are also $1 off any one Kelloggs coupons here and here.

My Publix had Frosted Mini Wheats on sale buy one at $4.09 get one free. And Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Pops, and Frosted Flakes were buy one at $4.38 get one free. I used a $1 off 1 coupon for every box I purchased stocked up on cereal for just a little over $1 a box.
Since my Publix tends to set their sale prices a little higher than most Publix you should be able to get your cereals for even cheaper!

I also got 20 Yoplait Light Yogurts for just $5. That's only $.25 a yogurt. They are on sale 20 for $10 and I used these $1 off 4 coupons to make this a really good deal. All six of my kids love yogurt and would eat it with every meal if I let them. I cannot believe how much cheap and free yogurt we have had in this house in the last 3 months.

And they have Vlasic pickles on sale buy one get one free for $2 (something?). I don't have my receipt in front of me. I used two $1 off 1 Vlasic coupons and got these for less than $.50 a jar. We eat a lot of pickles around here and my kids love the sandwich stackers.

Then I hit Walmart and picked up a few of my regular freebies and deals.
  • Preparation H Wipes are $2.97. There is a $3 off 1 coupon here (updated with a new expiration date) making these free.
  • Vlasic Relish is always $1 at my Walmart. I still have a ton of $1 off 1 coupons left over from the Crunch In The Fast Lane sweepstakes and got 2 jars for free. If you want some of these let me know. I have more than I can possibly use by December when they expire. They are printables - one of the PDF kind that lets you print as many as you want and I guess we went a little overboard. Just email me and I will snail mail a couple to you.
  • HP 500 sheet reams of printer paper are $4.88. I still have some of these $3 off 1 coupons (click the link then scroll down to find the paper link) and got my printer paper for only $1.88. I have used the coupons numerous times over the last two months and have stocked up pretty well on printer paper.
  • Chex Mix bars were $2.49 (around $2 at many Walmarts). I used some of these $1.25 off 1 coupons and splurged a bit for my kids - I wouldn't normally buy these types of foods unless they were under $1.
  • Buddies Soaps are $.94 each. I used my $3 off 3 coupon from a September Sunday insert and got 3 of these for free.
  • Just Bunches cereal is just $2.88 a box. There is a $2 off 1 coupon here and I got a box for only $.88. Some Walmarts have these on roll back 2 for $2 making this deal even better!

CVS was good. Just make sure to pick up your Reinventing Beauty magazine, or two or three. These are $.99 and are packed with coupons that will pay for themselves immediately this week.

  • Life Water is 5 for $5 with a $3 ECB. I use two $1 off 2 coupons from the Beauty Magazine and got these for free after coupons and ECBs.
  • Maxfresh toothpaste is $2.99 with a $2 ECB all month long. The Beauty Magazine I mentioned above has a few $1 off 1 coupons inside making your toothpaste free after coupon and ECBs. It says that this deal is only good twice but I bought two and it still showed on my receipt that I can do this one again so I don't know what the actual limit is.
  • Colgate Total is $3.49 with a $2 ECB. I bought two and used two $1.50 off 1 coupons from last months All You magazine (Walmart publication) and got these for free.
I now have enough toothpaste to keep my entire neighborhood's teeth clean until
the turn of the next century.
  • Natures Bounty vitamins are buy one get one free with a $2 ECB when you buy 2. I picked up 2 bottles of B-2 at $7.48 and used two of these $2 off 1 coupons. After coupons and the ECBs I got these for around $.75 a bottle.
  • I wanted to do the Swiffer Sweeper deal but they didn't have the sweeper in stock so I will be going back today because their truck came yesterday.
    Buy $10 in select Swiffer products get a $5 ECB. I have a coupon that is buy a sweeper (CVS $7.99) get a duster (CVS $6.99) free. Then I have two $1 off coupons (one for each product). This makes my sweeper and duster just $.50 each after coupons and ECBs.
  • I also got some Sally Hansen nail polish - I love this stuff but don't normally get it because it is so expensive. I used $3 off 2 coupons from my Beauty Magazine and got them from just a little over $1. I picked up some fun colors - marine, light green, and light orange - to let the kid in me out and break the 'adult' rule. I am so tired of red and pink nails. Who made these rules anyway?
    I also wear blue mascara - EEEK!!! Although I don't go overboard and keep my eye shadow a bit more subdued.
  • Cover Girl makeup is buy $10 get $3 in ECBs. I used a buy one foundation get a free face product coupon that I got in a recent Sunday paper insert. Then I used two $1 off any one Cover Girl product coupons and got these for almost free. Makeup prices do vary from area to area so be sure to take a calculator if you are a numbers person.

Although the nail polish did cost me a little money most everything else paid for itself after ECBs. I love coupons.

0 comments: