Thursday, November 27, 2008

My CVS deal day this morning

This morning Kait and I ran to CVS to pick up some freebies. We got there right as it opened but a lady with some 6 or 7 CVS cards ran down the isle and took all the razors (I think I counted 8 of them) and most of the toothpaste and Gatorade. She left a few of us standing there with our mouths wide open. I guess it is the hazard of playing the game, eh?

Anyway, so I had to revamp all my deals, as did my dear daughter. Here is what I ended up with. Not bad at all!

Total $9.36 & netted $25.67 in ECBs for a future CVS purchase
That's some pretty good overage!



2 tubes Colgate toothpaste ($1.50 Colgate Advanced coupon from All You mag)
2 Aussie shampoos ($1 off 1 coupons from recent Sunday paper)
1 Covergirl smoothers powder ($1 off 1 coupon from recent Sunday paper)
1 Covergirl smoothers liquid ($1 off 1 coupon from recent Sunday paper)
1 Maybelline liquid powder foundation
2 nail polishes ($3 off 2 from CVS beauty book)
1 Garnier facial cloth (25 ct) ($1 off 1 from recent Sunday paper)
2 L'Oreal lip gloss
3 Gatorade G2 ($1 off 2 from CVS beauty book)
1 Johnson's Softlotion
2 Ipod earplugs
1 Reese's king size
1 5 hour energy drink 2-pack (mistakenly left out of the picture)

I broke it all up into 5 orders to maximize my Extra Care Buck rolling.

My final spending rundown went like this -
$92.61 after tax (which was only $1 total after using the ECBs as payment)
-$10.50 in coupons
-$72.75 in ECBs (rolled them from each order into the next)
Total out of pocket - $9.36 (after taxes)

and I took home $25.67 in ECBs

1 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

I was able to hit CVS this week as well. Stop by my blog to see what I snagged. I also have a post on how to get more of that Johnsons lotion from Walgreen's. 4 bottles for $6.41

I hope that you'll stop by.