Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today's Grocery Run

I went grocery shopping today trying to hit all 5 of my stores in one morning. I didn't get to all of them, I will have to go back to Walmart and CVS tomorrow, but I did get to Walgreens, Publix, and Kmart and had absolutely zero coupon issues!
At 3 stores I got:
  • 4 boxes of cereal
  • 6 stoneware bowls for the benevolence shelf
  • 7 juices (only meant to get 6 - guess my counting skills need a little help)
  • 6 Jellos
  • 2 marinades
  • 1 salad dressing
  • 1 12 oz Kraft Cheese singles
  • 2 Oscar Meyer hot dogs
  • 5 laundry detergents
  • 6 jars of peanut butter
  • 3 blueberry muffin mixes
  • 15 Kool-Aids
  • 3 toothbrushes
  • 4 Preparation H wipe packs
  • 4 cake mixes
  • 6 10 packs of mechanical pencils
  • 1 can Crystal Light mix
  • 1 box Wheat Thins crackers

Before sales and coupons: $160.21
After store sales: $98.87
After coupons: $49.73

Plus I got a $4 register reward at Walgreens to use on my next purchase! Other than the drink mixes and wipes everything on the list was something we would use. The wipes were free (actually I 'made' money on them) and the drink mixes were part of a deal that allowed me to get 5 other items for free.

This was my first trying my hand at larger deal ideas. I am quite pleased with my success and look forward to getting even better as time goes by. In a very short period of time we have stock piled laundry detergent (8 bottles!), tooth brushes (12), and a few tubes of toothpaste. I have more pens and mechanical pencils than our homeschool can use in a year, and my kids are good on soap for a while. My face will be clean and youthful looking for at least another year, too. Oh, and all the free makeup...

These are just a few of the items I can leave off of my grocery list for a while. By the time I need them again I am hoping to find them for an even better deal!

My goal for September -
Dish detergent, shampoo, and conditioner. Prayfully I will be able to get these for a bargain!

If you want to see how I made this work check out my Walgreens, Publix, and Kmart posts.

Like I said, I still have to run to Walmart and CVS but I ended up getting most of my Walmart deals at Publix for just as good a deal.

0 comments: