Tuesday, September 2, 2008

CVS Post Trip Rundown week of 8/31/08

Even though I haven't been feeling well I decided to head on over to CVS to do a deal. I will go again tomorrow because I have one more order to do - I usually only do one a week.


My deals were terrific this go-round. I got everything I needed plus some wants and a couple extras for the benevolence shelf.
  • 2 bottles Dawn dishsoap
  • 1 Accu-Chek Compact Diabetes monitoring kit
  • 2 tubes toothpaste
  • 5 packs of Goody's headache powder
  • 2 Febreze Noticables
  • 2 Cover Girl WetSlicks
  • 1 Arnicare Pain Relief Cream (was $.50 more expensive than I thought)

Here is a detailed total rundown:

$59.85
-$20.49 in coupons
______
$39.36

I paid with $20.49 in ECBs and $18.70 OOP(including tax)

I received $34.43 back in ECBs. After ECBs I only spent $4.93! That $4.93 would be the cost of the toothpaste alone at regular price!
***Tip***Another way I could have done this to avoid spending more than a couple $'s out of pocket was to do two orders and roll my ECBs from the first order over onto the second. I like my CVS and have had no problems with them but they have a busy store and I don't want to hold anybody up so I typically won't do that unless I need to. Walgreens is a different story...

To see how I put this deal together and step by step instructions on the CVS Extra Care program check out this post.

"I love it when a plan comes together!"
John "Hannibal" Smith

0 comments: