Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The commissary today - great deals all month long!

If you have access to a commissary but don't take advantage of it I suggest you take a second look. Today we went to the commissary for meat because we can almost always get it for much, much cheaper than any other grocery store. While we were there, however, I picked up a number of other items for very cheap. My husband holds the meat grocery budget and I typically pick up everything else using money I make from ads here and for my eBay auctions. Here is what I got today for a steal.

If you don't have access to a commissary you may like to hear that Walmart is having some similar sales this week. You won't get as great a bargain but you will get a pretty good dollar value for your purchase if you use any of this stuff.
You know it's good when your cashier wants to know where you got all those coupons.

  • 5 large cans of Muir Glen tomatoes for $.99 each - $1 off 1 coupons can be printed here - I got 3 of them for free and 2 of them for $.24 each using the $.75 off 1 coupons from this past Sunday's paper.
  • 4 big boxes of Cheerios cereal at $1.78 each. I had 4 $1 off 1 coupons from the Cheerios challenge. You can also find $.55 off 1 coupons here which also makes these a very good deal.
  • 3 packs of Yo-Plus yogurt for $1.58 each. I used the $1 off 1 coupons printed here to get these for $.58 each.
  • One 6-pack of Glucerna shakes $7.99 (these are perfect for my occasional morning sickness!). I used a $10 coupon I got for signing up with them making the free plus a $2 overage which the commissary applied to the rest of my order. You have to follow these directions to get your $10 off coupon. If you have diabetes, know somebody who has diabetes, or suffer from morning sickness you will definitely want to take advantage of this deal!

My total was $26.53 before coupons.

I ended up paying $5.03 after coupons and that included the $1.26 surcharge (not sure what the surcharge is for).

0 comments: