Sunday, July 27, 2008

The gift stash - free or unbelievably cheap!

This post is specially dedicated to building a gift stash for free or very cheap. Whenever I run across a great gift idea that is also extremely frugal I will add it to the list here along with a description on how you can pick the item(s) up yourself.

Most of the items I list here are ones I have purchased or ordered for free myself, however, not always. Although I love to post great deals here there are times when making the trip to the store is just not in my best interest. Even still, I will do my best to pass on all great deals I find whether I take advantage of them or not.

1.The week of July 28th, 2008 at Office Depot Ticonderoga Dry Erase Marker 4-packs are $3.99 with a $3.99 mail-in rebate making them free in the end! Pair this with Walgreens $0.50 Dry Erase Boards to make a great gift set for your gift stash!

2. The Hannah Montana DVD Game is on sale online at Circuit City for $15 and they are offering a $15 mail-in rebate if you buy before 9/29/08. Read up on the specifics here.

3. To get your Planet Heroes DVD go here and fill out the order form. No payment is required and shipping is free. Delivery is 12 to 14 weeks. I saw no deadline date for this offer so get your quick before the deal is over.

4. Fill your free Juicy Juice sippy cup with treats for a filler for your toddler's stocking this Christmas. Go here to learn how to get your free Juicy Juice cup.

5. Go here to learn how to get a free GeoTrax DVD from Mattel. No payment is required and shipping is free. Delivery is 12 to 14 weeks so get it now if you want it in time for the holidays.

6.Get a free sample of Nature Made vitamins here for that health guru or that tired mama. They will send you a bottle with a 14 day supply in it. I got mine in about a week. Very fast!

7.Get your $10 off $10 purchase coupon for The Body Shop here and then find a nice item to add to your gift stash for free. Offer expires September 15, 2008.

8.Go here to get your free puppy training DVD kit for that next new pup's owner. You may know somebody getting a new puppy for Christmas. This would make the perfect addition!

9.Free or cheap makeup kits make great gifts for new moms (non-sensitive types who wear makeup - you don't want to hurt anybody's feelings) or graduating teens. Check out this one to get a free mineral makeup kit! This kit may seem small but it has lasted me more than a couple weeks now and I still have plenty left. These are good quality samples!

If you find a gift stash deal pass it on! Leave me a comment or email me and if it fits the extremely frugal nature of The Gift Stash I will pass it on to our other readers!

New to rebates? Check out my rebates how-to, tips & warnings here.

1 comments:

MamaOnABudget said...

Walgreens has been having amazing school supply sales for the last few weeks. This past week I found a 6 pack of highlighters, a 10 (12?) pack of #2 pencils and a 10 pack of pens... for $.09 each! I bought 2 of each mentioned above, and put one of each in the "provide school supplies for kids in our town who can't afford them" box at the front of the store.

So while it's not completely free, $.27 cents provided a great amount of school supplies to others who could use them!

And I'm not sure if you posted about this or not (I'm sorry - I'm new to this major bargain hunting as well and am starting to read a LOT of blogs on it). Pert had a coupon is this past Sunday's paper for a $5 rebate on school supplies of your choice if you bought $5 in Pert products. Here's what I did with that deal and Wal-Mart - my kids are set with school and art supplies for awhile now:

http://gen-here-shops.livejournal.com/2357.html